Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who's With Me? (Hartford)

I am fresh off a big victory in Hartford, Connecticut - I ran my fastest half marathon ever. I give credit to a few different people and things - the perfect weather, Amy pulling me along, my original 300 mile challenge, the fifty or so people I made cheer for me during the last quarter mile (seriously, I cheered at them until they cheered back), seeing Lissa along the way and Eddie Money.

As I may have mentioned before, push ups is a pretty popular goal in our group. Not surprising, a lot of the updates I get are related to push ups.

Jess: My office is a ghost town for the holiday . . . so I'm so tempted to shut my door and bang out my push-ups and sit-ups. But how embarrassing would that be if someone walked in?? : ) This better NOT make it into your update, or I'll have to kill you . . .

Abbie: would it be weird if I closed my office door to do pushups?

Blake: If Porter* climbs up on me to sit on my back while I'm trying to do push-ups, do those count for 2? She's heavier (and squirmier) than she looks.

These updates raise some interesting points:

1. A side-effect of WWM is the urge to work towards your goal at work.
2. If you send me an update, I will print it even if you threaten to injure me (sorry, Jess).
3. It is not weird to do push ups at work if you have an office with a door.
4. I can't judge what counts towards your goal. If you want to double count given the added challenge of Porter on your back, you can make that call on your own, Blake.

I am sure some of you non-push up challengers have some good stories to share. I will be seeing some of you over the next few weeks and will no doubt pull some inspiring stories from you (especially those of you I will see after you consume a few drinks in St John). The rest of you should send along some updates - tell me what you are working on, even if it is just ideas on how to make the R2 party a success (Kylie).

*Porter is Blake's dog.

No comments: