Monday, November 24, 2008

Who's With Me? (Injured People)

So I am finally back on track and within range of my goal. All it took was 770 crunches on Sunday. My stomach kills. Don't worry, I am not that impressed with myself. I am impressed with Michelle and Steven. They sent in some great updates this week.

Steven: So I have had knee, ankle, foot and hip issues to point of limping around but I will finish.

Michelle: So I was talking with Laura and we were both bummed about not doing anything with our goals. My last day running was 9/16. I re-sprained my left ankle playing football, and then tore the ligaments in my right ankle, also playing football. So for the past 7 or so weeks, I've been doing my whole rehab thing, which basically consisted of not running and NOT playing football or softball. And now I up and at 'em again and running and feeling great—I was actually smiling on my run yesterday, because it felt so good to be back outside. Anyway, I just updated my spreadsheet. I changed my goal from 287 miles (which would have been a challenge while I was training for the half-marathon for 10/19, but I was determined to reach it) down to 50 miles (which is a challenge now, considering that I have to run wearing ankle braces and may or may not be healed yet, but I stopped listening to my doctor and physical therapist about 6 weeks ago). Either way, I'm back on track and glad that you did this for all of us! And next time around, I am going to have a bigger goal and finally be injury free!

While I certainly don't want anyone to get hurt in pursuit of completing a Who's With Me? goal, I have to say I am impressed with Steven's and Michelle's intensity. Keep up the good work.

No comments: