Monday, July 28, 2008

Who's With Me? (The Treadmill)

First, I have to apologize for the delayed update. I was stuck at the airport yesterday evening and the only email I was capable of writing would have been filled with four letter words and very little information about the great work we are doing.

Beyond multiple reports of weight loss (won't reveal names here), I have some good stories to share:

Cory is excited to have worked out three days in a row - something she claims to have avoided since back-to-back softball sessions at camp. We were much younger then and she was less pregnant - so nice work.

Kate is proud to have run while on a business trip in Austin. I will give her credit for the running in Austin (never easy in the heat or with the temptation of queso and tequila), but I am not falling for the "business trip" line. Just like walking around in exercise clothes does not mean you are exercising, spending time with work people does not mean you are working.

I have heard reports of Joe's quality performance at the NYC half marathon and know at least one other racer is in our group. Once she recovers I am sure she will send along an update.

Sarah writes "I have to tell you that this has been great for keeping me on track with my training for the 3 day walk. It is very satisfying to see progress towards the end goal daily!!! (not to mention that it brings out my competitive side)"

Amy has convinced Katherine, Joe and me to run the Hartford half with her in October. By then we will be a few weeks into Round Two and focused on new goals.

In more important news (news about me), you can stop worrying about my foot. I took it a little easy and now I think I am cured (and only a little bit behind). Thanks for your concern and wise advice (Dianne). I was so inspired by Jessica's tale of a seven mile treadmill run that I pushed myself to do five (four more than I have done on a treadmill in at least four years). This was a much better option than facing the Arizona heat (only bearable when by a pool and a bar - trust me).


I am apparently facing some brand competition. I have been told a story of another email titled "Who's With Me?" making it around. Apparently this person is trying to stop the wedding of her ex-boyfriend. Certainly not in the spirit of what we are trying to do. I am also shocked someone else thought to string together the same three words.

Keep up the good work. The halfway point is in sight.

No comments: