Monday, August 11, 2008

Who's With Me? (Dolly Parton)

Welcome to the second half of Who's with Me? Nice work.

I hit the 50% mark this weekend while on a 9 mile run. I had a great run and I can give credit to three things: great weather, caffeine and my ipod. You might think running alone for nine miles could be boring, but not when you have the most amazing mix of music to keep you going. On my run, I started thinking about the songs I have added to my running playlists over the past few years and realized what I think is amazing others might call hysterical.

I am sure most of you listen to some pretty uncool music while you workout (except you, Paul). Here is a challenge within a challenge - let me know your most embarrassing songs and I will publish a list (anonymous, of course).

Here are some highlights from my playlists:
9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
Let the River Run - Carly Simon
Maniac - from Flashdance

So either you will write back with some funny songs or Todd just convinced me to embarrass myself and live with the ensuing ridicule for the rest of my life.

On to regular business with a few updates from the group:

Paul: This needs more man goals. I'm going to play golf or go fishing this weekend to celebrate my first 5 mile run. Maybe then I could celebrate going fishing by learning how to enter my progress in the Who's With Me? spreadsheet.

Eric: I finally inserted my scrap notes/paper (of how many pages I've been reading each day/night) into the spreadsheet online. I knew I was behind where I should be at, but, I've been catching up on weekends at the beach and at a coffee shop down the shore for a morning coffee and some reading. So, for all those days I did skip altogether...I'm not as behind as I thought I would be....which is encouraging in itself. I'm going to go really hard over the next 2 weeks to try and get ahead. Will keep you posted. :)

Dianne: There are 9 people in my Fibromyalgia Support Group who are doing their goals and this has been great for them.

Caroline: My dad and I ran in the Pig Run the other weekend which was my first ever 5K and it was awesome! I did 6 minutes better than my goal time (although I'll admit my goal time was pretty slow!) and even got a great beer mug with a giant pig on it for finishing in the top 100 females! I've now signed up for another 5K, a 10K, and on October 19 will be running my first ever half-marathon! Crazy. I'm a little behind my goal but am hoping that by being up in Lake Placid I'll be able to make up the 8 or so miles. I am totally loving this whole spreadsheet thing. I can't tell you how many times I've been running (often after 9 pm which totally breaks my former rule of no exercising after the sun goes down) and thinking to myself, there is no way in hell I'd be doing this right now if I didn't have to enter a number into a freaking spreadsheet!!!

Thanks for the updates and thanks (in advance) for your songs.

No comments: