Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Who's With Me? (Olympians)

Seems Who's With Me? is a trendsetter (not that you had any doubts). The Today Show did a segment yesterday on what Olympic athletes listen to on their iPods. I wonder if they like Dolly Parton songs as much as we do.

Here we go (anonymous as promised):

1. bailamos??? by enrique. seriously. is fantastic.

2. Do you think you're better off alone (club mix, as if there were any other) - Crizz LeeNu Nu (Yeah Yeah) - FannypackNow That We Found Love - Heavy D and the Boyz
If I could find my monster ballads CD, it would be so much worse than this!

3. "Escape" by Enrique Iglesias

4. Don't judge me. I listen to J Lo when I run. I've never said that out loud before - but it feels so freeing to be honest!! Can we also share the music that actually rocks our playlists right now? Because - and you know I don't like to brag - my Nike Half-Marathon playlist was pretty awesome. Just the right mix of Steve Earle, Justin Timberlake, Panic at the Disco, Bob Schneider, Flight of the Conchords, Shakira ... and J Lo. And Dolly Parton. Don't worry, you're not alone. That song about Travelin Through? It was made for running!!

5. Miley Cyrus - I Learned From You. It just took me 10 minutes on the Web to figure out the name of that song. My daughter put it on my iPod, along with some other Hannah Montana songs, a while ago. I'm embarrassed to say that I have left this one on there and listen to the whole thing when it comes around on rotation. Tell Todd there is nothing embarrassing about Perry Como and Ricky Nelson.

6. who needs music on the elliptical when you've got an us weekly (yes I traded in my new yorker subscription for this one!) and the olympics on tv?!

7. I, for one, will not let you stand out there alone. So here's my secret pleasures that help me on my walks: Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - Bette MidlerFriends - Bette MidlerIt's Raining Men - The Weather Girls ....and the piece de resistance Trickle, Trickle - Manhattan Transfer How can one give up when you listen to those great lyrics - Trickle, trickle; slop, slop; got to see my sweet gum drop? Okay so the lyrics are an embarrassment but you should pick up the pace to the music!!!!

8. The RENT soundtrack is a must in my running mix

9. What's more embarrassing than Dolly Parton? American Idol, Jason Castro, singing Dolly's "Travelin Thru"

So there you have it. I am not the only one.

No comments: